Adopting from The Philly Kitty
The Philly Kitty rescues abandoned & stray animals by providing them with high-quality veterinary care, behavioral evaluations, and diligent screening of prospective adopters. Adopting a companion animal is a commitment for life and a decision that should be carefully thought out. All adoptable cats and kittens are located in foster care. Our foster home situation allows adopters to interact with the cat or kitten in a comfortable atmosphere or even at your own home. Additionally, we provide post-adoption resources and assistance if needed. The Philly Kitty works in partnership with Colmar Veterinary Hospital,, Cinnaminson Animal Hospital, & Caring Hands Veterinary Clinic.
Adoption Fee $95.00*
• Our Adoption Fee includes a complete medical exam, age appropriate vaccinations including rabies, spaying or neutering, feline leukemia (FeLV) & FIV testing, microchipping, preventative flea treatment, de-worming, and any other medically appropriate treatment as needed. Common ailments such as upper respiratory infections and bacterial infections, as well as any other medical issues, are treated to prior to adoption. Plus, if you adopt a pair of kitties together, the second adoption fee is waived!
• Adopt-A-Buddy is only valid for a double adoption which occurs at the same time. Sorry, fees can not be waived for future adoptions.
• *Occasionally, TPK rescues pure breed cats such as Himalayan, Persian, Siamese, etc and reserves the right to charge a $195 adoption fee to offset increased veterinary costs such as bloodwork to monitor for genetic conditions. Thank you for your understanding.
• Please review our adoption requirements
• Fill out and submit the Adoption Application
• All applicants will be contacted within 2-4 days
• TPK will follow up with prospective adopters & check references
• Once the application is approved, the adopter meets the cat of his/her choice either at the foster home or their own residence
• A home visit is completed
• TPK adoption contract and waiver are signed, adoption fee of $95.00 is paid
• Your new feline family member goes home with you (either at time of meet or a later date)! All adopters receive a new cat handbook
In order to be considered for adoption
• You must be 21 years of age or older
• Have the knowledge and permission of landlord if a renter
• Sign The Philly Kitty adoption contract
• Have a valid photo ID
• Pass a home inspection
• Be willing to make a lifelong commitment to the animal you adopt
Check out our Adoptable Kitties here
Ready to apply? Fill out our Adoption Application now!
The Philly Kitty foster homes work on behavioral & socialization issues with our cats/kittens, like inappropriate play and scratching education. We can also advise you about how to handle normal behavioral issues that may arise after adoption. The TPK team are well versed and trained in cat behavior and are happy assist you if problems arise after adoption, whether it is a month later or five years later!
Don't see a kitty that fits your interests or home? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! And while TPK may not have the right cat for you or is not the best fit, please consider a feline friend from another rescue or local shelter. Adopt, Don't Shop!