Become a Foster for TPK!
Fostering a homeless animal is one of the most rewarding aspects of animal rescue work and foster parents are the backbone of our organization. TPK pays for 100% of all fosters veterinary care, markets your foster, and screens potential adopters.
Requirements for fostering
• You live in the Philadelphia area, or suburbs / neighboring counties - our primary vets are in Colmar, PA and Rockledge, PA
• You are able to provide food, litter, and basic living costs (TPK covers all veterinary expenses)
• You are comfortable providing minor, day-to-day health care and to transport & assist with follow-up vet visits for your foster animal
• If you currently or plan to have resident pets, all your pets must be up-to-date on appropriate medical care, cats have been tested for FIV/FeLV, and spayed/neutered
• If you own a cat(s), the cat(s) lives indoors at all times
• You own or have regular access to a car
• Pass a home inspection
• You can commit to a few months of foster care or more. TPK will work with you to find the right feline foster fit for your lifestyle and home environment
• You are able to adopt out your foster. TPK understands that it is often difficult to part with a foster pet, but our foster homes are revolving doors and are the foundation of our organization. As soon as one foster cat is adopted, we can save another!
• You are accommodating, patient, and love kitties!
Meet our requirements and ready to apply to be a foster parent? Fill out our application here
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com