Become a Foster for TPK
Fostering a homeless animal is one of the most rewarding aspects of animal rescue work and foster parents are the backbone of our organization. Through our partnership with the Ark Animal Hospital of Chalfont, Cinnaminson Animal Hospital, & Caring Hands Veterinary Clinic, TPK pays for 100% of all fosters veterinary care, markets your foster, and screens potential adopters.
Requirements for fostering
• You live in the Northeast Philadelphia vicinity, Philadelphia area, or suburbs / neighboring counties
• You are able to provide food, litter, and basic living costs (TPK covers all veterinary expenses)
• You are comfortable providing minor, day-to-day health care and to transport & assist with follow-up vet visits for your foster animal
• If you currently or plan to have resident pets, all your pets must be up-to-date on appropriate medical care, cats have been tested for FIV/FeLV, and spayed/neutered
• If you own a cat(s), the cat(s) lives indoors at all times
• You own or have regular access to a car
• Pass a home inspection
• You can commit to a few months of foster care or more. TPK will work with you to find the right feline foster fit for your lifestyle and home environment
• You are able to adopt out your foster. TPK understands that it is often difficult to part with a foster pet, but our foster homes are revolving doors and are the foundation of our organization. As soon as one foster cat is adopted, we can save another!
• You are accommodating, patient, and love kitties!
Meet our requirements and ready to apply to be a foster parent? Fill out our application here
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org